** Great results helping companies explore new markets and new business opportunities. **
**Join us as the 2017 class of EDGE Fellows present new business ideas and opportunities for existing businesses in Northeast Ohio! You are invited to attend the EDGE Fellows Presentation & Reception on Tuesday, August 1st at 4:00 PM with up to 100 leaders from area businesses, universities, mentors, and students. Register here.**
EDGE has established partnerships with area universities and top student talent. It has connections with experienced business mentors, entrepreneurs, and supporting organizations that make it uniquely qualified to drive value for companies while offering student programming that gives students practical experience and connects them with resources that increase the likelihood of their staying in Northeast Ohio.Consider engaging a Summer EDGE Fellows Team to help you explore new market or business opportunities.
Where the EDGE Fellows program is different from other intern programs:
- The 10 years of program success in working with companies and students;
- Top-notch graduate students are recruited, trained and overseen by EDGE;
- No HR involvement needed as EDGE hires students as Independent Consultants;
- Limited time commitment needed to oversee (about 1-2 hours/week);
- A designated resource focused on providing value in a proven program;
- The involvement of experienced business mentors and EDGE staff who work with teams in a structured, guided program;
- Leveraging EDGE’s connections at area universities and throughout the region;
- Affordable, quality research that receives continuous support from foundations;
- Each year 40% of projects come from repeat companies; 50% of projects studied turn into new revenue and/or additional investment for companies within 2-3 years.
Learn More: Program Overview, Role of the Host Company, Success Stories, and the 2017 EDGE Fellows’ Biographies.
Interested? Contact Chris Keller, Program Director.
Testimonials from Participating Companies:
- “The team’s performance on final results, quality of work and overall preparation was second to none. They took on the project like a work in progress and modified their attack as necessary.” (Aexcel Corporation)
- “I have done a few other undergraduate and business school projects with groups of students, but never have I had the dedication and devotion and final product that I received from the EDGE Fellows. The setup of the program and the resources at the interns disposal, all served to make this a highly successful project.” (Innovative Medical Equipment)
- “The caliber of student is definitely not your typical intern – these students are dedicated and committed to learning and adding value.” (1 EDI Source)
- “The business experience and deliverables were very rewarding and the payback substantial, especially for the time allotted. It’s refreshing to see things through a much younger and talented set of eyes. The students were serious about the program and their work. Great concept for resource collaboration and efforts to reside and prosper in Northeastern Ohio.” (Cres Cor)
- Happy with the work and the passion. As students, they are likely to get more answers than a company would. We will be back next year.” (OMNOVA Solutions)
- The EDGE fellows teams are incredibly bright and can enable a company to look beyond its normal boundaries. These teams are not jaded by “it can’t be done” but push to find “how it can be done.” This subtle difference in approach can yield the proverbial out of box thinking and generate new and differing product ideas.”
- I would strongly encourage (participation in the program), especially if resources are limited within an organization to perform important market research … I was extremely surprised how quickly they picked up the technology required in understanding our product… The research supplied will be used for years to come. (Radix Wire Company)
- “If you have the opportunity to use EDGE interns for a summer program – grab it.” (Kichler Lighting)
Check out: Summary of the 2016 Program, Weekly Objectives during the summer, and Program from the Final Presentations showing who is involved and the types of projects.