EDGE believes that mid-market companies are in the best position to collectively impact the quality of life in Northeast Ohio. EDGE member companies represent a select-group of Northeast Ohio mid-market companies that are interested in fostering learning organizations, growing the value of their companies, and investing in the communities they serve. EDGE provides opportunities for CEOs and Presidents as well as key functional managers and emerging leaders to learn from top practitioners with their contemporaries at other successful companies, to share best practices, to solve problems and to inspire each other to pursue great opportunities.
Leadership Development and Relationship-Building for CEOs and their Management Teams
- Monthly CEO and President Round-table Discussions provide an invaluable opportunity for trusted peers to learn with and from each other for the sole purpose of helping each other succeed — i.e. a think tank for one’s business.
- Bi-monthly Peer Group Meetings offer Finance, HR, IT, Operations and Sales & Marketing managers leadership development through professionally-facilitated sessions focusing on best practices for business and professional growth.
- Networking and Speaker Events provide an opportunity to connect and network with other company leaders while learning more about topics relevant to mid-sized companies. Events include nationally-recognized speaker and business all-star forums as well as golf outings.
- InnoQuest is a collaborative bi-monthly forum taught by practitioners of innovation at leading Northeast Ohio companies. Provides leaders with new connections and techniques to better manage innovation to grow one’s business. Discount offered to member companies.
- MBA UltraLite Program is a multi-session course on management and leadership, offered annually, preparing high-potential employees for the management decisions and actions required of them as well as future career growth. Discount offered to member companies.
- Leadership Alchemy is a multi-session course designed specifically for professionals from mid-sized companies seeking leadership education (tools and exercises, i.e. “learn how to learn”) and the real experience of personal development. Discount for member companies.
- Concierge-Type Assistance: EDGE provides a resource for addressing pressing issues which is always available — whether serving as a confidential partner, connecting leaders with industry professionals, or making connections with area universities and other organizations.
- Employee Idea Mining gives CEOs insight into constructive, creative ideas mined from employees through an impartial, third-party process. During this program on-site employee interviews are conducted to reveal value-creating ideas.
Access to Top Student Talent
Considering starting an intern program, engaging student talent or exploring new market opportunities? Where to start?
- EDGE helps companies explore options that may be a good fit for them — from making connections with university leaders, sharing regional program alternatives, identifying quality student talent, or providing help through its proven EDGE Fellows Program.
- EDGE has deep connections with six “EDGE Member Universities” and engages top student talent from Northeast Ohio colleges and universities in a variety of programs throughout the year that may provide a distinct advantage to one’s company.
- “EDGE Member Universities” include University of Akron, Baldwin Wallace University, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland State University, Kent State University, and Lorain County Community College – and EDGE partners with many other higher education institutions through the JumpStart-Burton D Morgan Higher Education Consortium.
- Finally, the EDGE Fellows Program engages top graduate talent and volunteer business mentors to help area companies identify and validate new business opportunities. Over the last 10 years, this program has consistently produced high quality results, actionable results.
Contact Chris Keller, Director, to learn more.
EDGE encourages mid-market firms to become actively involved in the community through participating in EDGE events that impact local charities and organizations, including the Day at the Ballpark in which civic and business leaders host students from Breakthrough Charter Schools at a Cleveland Indians game as well as volunteering with peer group leaders at The Ronald McDonald House and The Greater Cleveland Food Bank.
Interested in EDGE Membership?
See EDGE 2017 Calendar; Contact Sarah Shoaff.